On this page you will find recommendations, these will include products and information to help you with your fitness progress. Some of these recommendations and tips will link out to other websites and some will link to information within our website.
More will be added as time goes on.
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
It doesn’t matter if you’re interested in fitness or bodybuilding, this book written by Arnold Schwarzenegger deserves a place on your bookshelf.
Everything about bodybuilding is described; the history, exercises, plans, training frequency, nutrition and recovery.
Strength Training Anatomy
Strength Training Anatomy (3rd Edition) by Frédéric Delavier is a great book displaying how and what muscles perform during certain exercises. It has over 600 full-color illustrations showing muscles along with all the relevant bones, ligaments, tendons and connective tissue. The third edition also covers common strength training injuries and offer precautions to help you exercise safely.
Becoming a Supple Leopard 2nd Edition
Becoming a Supple Leopard (2nd Edition) by Kelly Starret is a book meant to improve your athletic performance, treat stiffness and achy joints, and prevent and rehabilitate injuries.
He lays out a blueprint for athletes from all backgrounds and disciplines covering thse points and keeping the body at peak efficiency. A couple of points layed out in the book:
- Organize your spine and joints in optimal, stable positions
- Restore normal function to your joints and tissues
- Properly perform strength and conditioning movements like the squat, bench press, pushup, deadlift, clean, and snatch
- Identify, diagnose, and correct inefficient movement patterns
- Treat and resolve common symptoms like low back pain, carpal tunnel, shoulder pain, and tennis elbow
- Use mobilization techniques to address short and stiff muscles, soft tissue and joint capsule restriction, motor control problems, and joint range of motion limitations
And much more.